Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Frequently Asked Questions
I already have a website & a URL that my customers know. How can I use Renterval with it?
There are several ways to use Renterval with your current website address:
1. Establish an “auto-forward” with the registrar/hoster of your domain. This is typically the fastest way to accomplish a redirect of traffic from “rentals.com” to “rentals.renterval.com”.
2. Port your website to Renterval for free hosting of your domain. Renterval will host your site for free.
3. Integrate your Renterval site into your current website via an “iFrame”.
What if my items are damaged/stolen while rented?
The safe return of your equipment is extremely important to us. We offer several functions to protect you:
1. Customers must provide a valid credit card to consummate the rental
2. We collect complete contact information, including (at your direction) driver’s license and date of birth
3. There is always face-to-face contact (whether a delivery or an in-store pick-up), at which point you can snap a picture of a driver’s license
4. All rental contracts reflect your complete rental agreement and there is an area for customer signature, which eliminates the claim of “confusion” or absence of clearly-stated terms & conditions.
Can I use my credit card processor?
Yes! If you have a CardConnect, Authorize.net or PayPal account, you can plug in your credentials and use your account right away. Or, if you don’t already have a merchant processor, use ours. We’re adding more processors soon, so create your account for the latest news!
Can I use Renterval for in-store point of sale?
Yes, Renterval includes a fully-functional point-of-sale solution. Easy to use and manage, you can dump your current point of sale service.
Can I pause my account during my slow season?
Yes! Why pay for something you’re not using? Only Renterval gives you the freedom to use our software only when you need us!
How does it work if Renterval processes credit cards for me?
Renterval authorizes and captures payments on your behalf, and we remit the proceeds to you immediately, usually deposited into your bank account within 2 business days.
Do I have to sign a contract or make a term commitment?
Renterval doesn’t require a monthly or annual contract. If we’re not the best solution available, you’re free to cancel any time.
Does Renterval work with my current rental software?
Renterval complements or replaces your current solution. We think we’re the best thing going, but you can still use your old-fashioned software with Renterval.
Does Renterval charge extra for a mobile-friendly site?
Renterval clients enjoy a mobile site included for no extra charge.
What are the set-up and hosting fees?
Set-up and hosting fees are so last century. Get started today for free!